Thursday 19 March 2009

Worst show ever: eliciting discussion and comment

With only two weeks left in the poll on worst show, we have a total of 4 votes for 4 different shows! And not a single vote for Crusade, which I find bizarre. That show was terrible.

I had 111 visits to this blog in the last month from 5 different countries. I'm still trying to come to terms with why people choose to comment on posts (or in my case, don't) particularly when some of these people spent more than 20 minutes on the site. I've also had phone calls and emails from friends and family commenting in a highly-positive or negative way on blog posts (my rant on Twilight produced a particularly mixed response, which was actually the point of being so forceful). When asked they outright refuse to comment on the blog itself. It's an interesting phenomenon I'm still trying to get my head around.

I have a pretty thick skin and consider a comment such as, "I competely disagree with you" to be refreshing and welcome, particularly if it's backed up with an interesting argument. If you have something to say, let it rip. And if you want to suggest a terrible show I've missed in my poll or to argue forcefully why a show shouldn't be included, go for it.

And if you have any explanation as to why you don't want to comment on posts, I'd be very interested in that too.

No comments: